How to Maintain Your Newly Formed Contours
Cosmetic medicine has come a long way to give patients aesthetic options that are not only convenient but also highly effective. CoolSculpting® is a nonsurgical and comfortable contouring treatment option that freezes unwanted fat, which is then metabolized by the body over a few months. This FDA-cleared procedure can be performed virtually anywhere on the body, such as the:
- Submental area (under the chin)
- Upper arms
The fat reduction is permanent, and the outcome can be long-lasting with proper aftercare and good lifestyle choices. If you have just undergone CoolSculpting® treatment and want to maintain your newly formed contours for many years, you should lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
Daily Maintenance Tips
Following a CoolSculping® program, it is recommended to adopt a routine that includes the following habits:
- Consume a balanced diet: CoolSculpting® eliminates existing fat cells, but it does not prevent the body from accumulating new fatty tissue. Eating plenty of nutritious foods, such as fresh fruits and green vegetables, prevents excessive weight gain that can obscure your new figure.
- Exercise regularly: Another way to prevent weight gain is by staying active. Getting at least 30 minutes of exercise every day not only keeps your body looking fit and slim, but it is also essential for overall wellness.
- Avoid tobacco use: Gaining weight isn’t the only way a patient can compromise their CoolSculpting® results. Tobacco use is linked to the loss of tissue elasticity (as well as other major health concerns), which contributes to loose skin and premature aging.
- Minimize sun exposure: Another factor that affects the skin is sun exposure. Wearing proper sun protection when you are outdoors can slow down the breakdown of collagen and minimize the chance of developing unsightly skin laxity.
What If I Experience Skin Laxity?
Skin laxity tends to progress as the body produces less collagen and elastin, two proteins responsible for giving the skin its structure. Some patients resort to surgery to remove excess skin and tighten the remaining tissue, but this approach often leads to a lengthy recovery, postoperative discomfort, and exposure to anesthesia risks.
Those who want to correct loose skin, either before or after CoolSculpting®, may benefit from SkinTyte™. SkinTyte™ is a dermal tightening treatment that uses infrared light technology to create thermal energy that causes the targeted tissues to contract. There is no recovery time needed after this procedure, making it a quick and advantageous solution for sagging skin.